Enter the American Immigration Council's New Multimedia Contest
The Council Invites You to Enter the 2013 “Change in Motion” Multimedia Contest
The American Immigration Council is pleased to announce a call for submissions to the 2013 “Change in Motion” Multimedia Contest. The competition challenges today’s young adults to explore the role that immigration plays in their lives and communities through video and other multimedia projects. Projects should focus on celebrating America as a nation of immigrants as well as the immigration's impact on our everyday lives.
- For more information on eligibility requirements, application procedures and contest guidelines, please read the Terms and Conditions.
- To submit an entry, please use the Multimedia Contest Application Form.
- Share with your friends on Facebook.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Visit Changeinmotionmedia.com to see past winners and more information.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who is eligible?
Young adults between the ages of 14-25 are eligible to submit entries. Both individual and group entries are permitted, however there is a single cash prize for first, second and third place.
What do we mean by “multimedia”?
Acceptable entries include videos projects or photo essays.
How technical does my project need to be?
Your story and the way you tell it matter more than how sophisticated your technical abilities are.
Is there a time limit?
Entries should be no more than 5 minutes in length.
How do we enter the contest?
There are two ways to submit entries.
- Submit a complete and signed application form and a copy of the multimedia file on a CD or DVD, to the American Immigration Council “Change in Motion” Multimedia Contest, 1331 G Street N.W. Suite 200, Washington, DC 20005
- Submit your video entry via your own YouTube or Vimeo account. Send us an email, attach a complete and signed application form and a link to the submission. On YouTube or Vimeo, please tag the content with the following tag: "American Immigration Council's 'Change in Motion' Multimedia Contest 2013."
How will the contest be judged?
The winners will be chosen by representatives of the American Immigration Council, the American Immigration Lawyers Association and a panel of distinguished judges.
What criteria will be used to select the winner?
The multimedia entries will be judged on the basis of concept, originality, creativity, aesthetics, technical execution and relevance.
What is the prize?
There are first ($1,000), second ($500) and third place ($250) prizes.
What is the deadline?
The deadline is 11:59 EST, October 31, 2013.
We strive to enhance classroom learning by providing a wide variety of accessible and creative educational teaching resources.
From Classroom to Community
Learn about resources, events and information that helps you teach and learn about immigration
Let a 5th Grade Teacher know about our Celebrate America Creative Writing Contest
Get funding for the project you want to do in your classroom or community, with the 2014-15 Community Grant Program.
View the top four entries from the 2012 "Change in Motion" Multimedia Contest.
Visit our "Change in Motion" Tumblr page